Sunday, October 26, 2008

One week, under the belt

So, first week of new job and new town is in the books. I'm still exhausted from all the craziness, and the new job is challenging me personally. I haven't had to be "on" in a long time, especially not for long periods of time. So, 8 hours a day of it is a little hard right now. It'll be good for me though. I haven't put any effort in at work in a couple of years so it's an adjustment. I came home on Friday and was just too drained to even talk. After a little time puttering in the kitchen, though and I was back up to normal. Whew.

This place is a lot more strict than my last place, and I'm actually an hourly employee for the first time in a million years. It's going to take a while to get back into the habit of keeping track of my time. And no vacation days or benefits for 6 months? That's a little bit much too, especially with a kid and holidays coming up. But I'll get used to that eventually.

Sacramento has treated us kindly, so far. The weather has been unbelievable. Nice and chilly at night, and around 80 degrees during the day. And yes, it is indeed October 26. (Someone make sure to remind me of this come July when it's 114 degrees at 9 am, ok?)

Ok, kid screaming I have to go be a "parent" or something. Huzzah!

No comments: